THE SKILL SYSTEM
The first level one can possess in a skill is Beginner, this is the lowest one can be. People of this level are inexperienced in the skill and possess little to no skill in it, people can use simple level jutsu such as E-rank and up to D-rank at most. Everyone stands at a Beginner level which means while you can have higher levels the beginner level is the lowest stat you can have unless you have a character that cannot do something, by this it would be like you wouldn't even get a beginner in ninjutsu if your chakracter couldn't mould chakra.Adept:
So you've got a bit of skill now, being around the mediocre range, people of this category are able to achieve up to C-rank jutsu in the adept skill. Someone of this level is rising in skill but this would be the average skill for a jounin but an academy prodigy might also be found at this level.Expert:
Becoming a truly skilled person in a skill will allow people to be named experts of the art. Being able to achieve up to B-rank jutsu the person is skilled but there is room for improvement, not yet a master but the person's skill is definitely not to be mocked. A person can have no more than 4 expert in their skills.Master:
Finally, that skill of which people can began to become true masters of an art. Effort, dedication or mere natural talent has paid off, a master is someone who has dedicated themselves to this skill and for that they are able to use A-rank jutsu in the skill that they master. Most Jounin have several kills which has reached this stautus, however while you are now considered a master in the art do not think for a second that it means you have finished the path...Grand Master:
The final level, welcome to the most prestigious level you can obtain when it comes to a skill, your level has gone above and beyond and this is where people are legends, able to utilize earth-shattering S-rank jutsu and rare, powerful s-rank weapons. Few people can ever achieve the level of a Grand Master, nor can you possess very many GM level skills. Due to such skill the person receives a 10% chakra reduction use for jutsu lower thank S Rank in the skill and also get a Two Post/20% reduction for training and EXP purchases if it relates to the skill they are a Grand Master in.
Taijutsu (体術, Literally meaning: Body Techniques) is a basic form of techniques and refers to any techniques involving the martial arts or the optimization of natural human abilities. Taijutsu is executed by directly accessing the user's physical and mental energies, relying on the stamina and strength gained through training. It typically does not require chakra, though chakra may be used to enhance its techniques. Taijutsu generally requires no hand seals to perform, occasionally making use of certain stances or poses, and are far quicker to use than Ninjutsu or Genjutsu. Taijutsu is simply put: hand-to-hand combat. One might also see certain benefits depending on their skill in it.Sub-Families of Taijutsu:
- Hand-to-Hand: This is just regular Taijutsu. No weapons, just the bare-fist style fighting.
- Bukijutsu: This is a form a Taijutsu that uses hand-to-hand weapons. This includes swords, brass-knuckles, knives, daggers, and any other form of weapon that is still held in the hand while fighting and not thrown or ranged. Being a Beginner in this area allows the user to utilize the abilities of D-Ranked items and below, Adept allows C-Ranked and below, Expert allows B-ranked and below, Master allows A-rank and below. Grand Master allows S-Rank and below
- Shurikenjutsu: This is a form of Taijutsu that uses weapons for ranged attacks. These include all thrown weapons like shuriken and kunai, as well as bows, slings, and any other ranged weapon. Remember that being a Beginner in this area allows the user to utilize the abilities of D-Ranked items and below, Adept allows C-Ranked and below, Expert allows B-ranked and below, Master allows A-rank and below. Grand Master allows for S-Rank and below.
Ninjutsu (忍術, Literally meaning: Ninja Techniques), is a term referring to almost any technique which allows the user to do something that they otherwise would be incapable of doing, including the usage of weapons. Unlike genjutsu, which makes the opponent see illusions, the effects of ninjutsu are real. They vary greatly in purpose, with the simpler ninjutsu serving such tasks as transforming the user or allowing them to evade attacks. These techniques are often second-nature for experienced shinobi, who can use them at will. More complex ninjutsu manipulate one's surroundings or utilise the elements, respectively serving such tasks as healing others or manipulating nature transformations. One might also see certain benefits depending on their skill in it. Sub-Families of Ninjutsu:
- Traditional: This form of Ninjutsu includes all elemental Ninjutsu and all Ninjutsu that do not use elements but are not included in the sub-families detailed below.
- Ijutsu: This is medical Ninjutsu. It includes all jutsu that are used to heal oneself; heal others; utilize, create, or alleviate poison and venom; or require sophisticated anatomical knowledge to utilize. At the Beginner level, users are able to use basic medical knowledge to heal themselves or others. At the Adept level, users may heal others or themselves in a more thorough manner. At the Expert level, You can perform surgery. When performing surgery you must use the dice roll, if you hit a 7 or lower then the surgery fails and the patient must do 10 posts of recovery before you may try again. At the Master level, Your surgical risk has been reduced, if you roll a four or lower then the surgery fails and the patient must do 5 posts of recovery. At the Grand Master level, your surgical risk is almost non existent, if you roll a 1 then the surgery fails and the patient must do three posts of recovery. At this level, you can also preform surgery on yourself with the risks of the Master level.
- Senjutsu: The is a specialised field of techniques that allows the user to sense and then gather natural energy. Senjutsu practitioners learn to draw the energy of nature inside of them, blending it with their ownchakra. This adds a new dimension of power to the practitioner's chakra, resulting in the creation of "senjutsu chakra". "Sage mode" generates from this.
- Fuuinjutsu: This is sealing Ninjutsu. It is a type of jutsu that seals objects, living beings, chakra, along with a wide variety of other things within another object. Fuuinjutsu can also be used to restrict movement or unseal objects either from within something or someone. At the Beginner level you may seal basic items and small weapons. At the Adept level, You can also now seal human beings. At the Expert level,You can now seal bigger objects up to the size of a two-story house. At the Master level, You can now seal objects the size of Gamabunta, at the Grand Master level, you may finally seal Bijuu.
- Jikūkan Ninjutsu: Space-Time Ninjutsu. This refers to all techniques that can manipulate Space and/or Time.
- Kugujutsu: See Kugujutsu System located [here]
Genjutsu (幻術, Literally meaning: Illusionary Techniques) is one of the main jutsu categories. Like ninjutsu, genjutsu requires chakra and hand seals to be performed. Unlike ninjutsu, the effects of genjutsu are not real, being only illusions experienced by those who fall victim to it. Genjutsu falls under the broad category of Yin Release. Genjutsu have triggers through the senses, which are the sub-families for Genjutsu. Triggers for Genjutsu:
- Sight: Sight based Genjutsu require a visual cue to initiate a Genjutsu, such as eye contact. As a rule of thumb, being in mid-difficulty, this allows for average Genjutsu to be used.
- Sound: Sound based Genjutsu require an auditory cue to initiate Genjutsu, such as the playing of a flute. As a rule of thumb, being the easiest trigger, this only allows for relatively weaker Genjutsu to be used
- Touch: Touch based Genjutsu require physical contact to initiate Genjutsu. As a rule of thumb, being the second most difficult trigger, this allows for slightly stronger Genjutsu to be used.
- Smell: Smell based Genjutsu require an aromatic cue to initiate Genjutsu. As a rule of thumb, being the second easiest trigger, this only allows for slightly weaker Genjutsu to be used.
- Taste: Taste based Genjutsu require the target to taste something to initiate Genjutsu. As a rule of thumb, being the more difficult trigger, this allows for the most powerful Genjutsu to be used.
The scale on how easy the triggers are only applies to custom Genjutsu.
So you've read the skills, understand the families and other aspects of the skills. Now what? Well other questions might be in your head like how to improve your skills or what you get allocated. So let's begin with skill allocation. While below is the limit and defined caps to how far you can go at each rank, to determine your starting skill allotment all you have to do is find the ranking you wish to start with and the cap for one rank lower is your starting point! Please be advised that even though there are caps to how far you can go at a certain rank, there are tiers in which break down even further to inform you of how far you can go at your certain tier level, so please check Tier Descriptions in the Site Information Area to determine what you can have.
Clanless characters start with +1 skill point which potentially allows for 4 GMs. However there are certain exceptions to this like if you would like your character to be a incapable of something, the best Naruto example is Rock Lee where you can not use any skills in Ninjutsu because they are physically incapable of doing so, please note that if you do this then you accept your character will have handicaps!
EXAMPLE - S-1Ninjutsu
1 Grand Master.
3 Grand Master.
Traditional Ninjutsu - Grand Master
Medical Ninjutsu - Expert
Fuuinjutsu - Expert
Senjutsu - Master
Space-Time Ninjutsu - Adept
Kugujutsu - AdeptTaijutsu
Hand-to-Hand - Grand Master
Bukijutsu - Master
Shurikenjutsu - ExpertGenjutsu
Sight - Master
Sound - Master
Smell - Expert
Taste - Adept
Touch - Grand Master
Now, you're all set up for the beginning of your character's journey but wait! How do you get stronger in these skills? After all character's develop in their areas of being a ninja as seen with Naruto who developed Senjutsu. Well there are multiple ways of doing so.METHOD 1: Training
The most common way is simply training to achieve a higher skill level, this is done through character development and post count training. Below is a table of how many posts are needed to ascend skill levels. There are also certain benefits to word count training despite being one of the longer methods, after ascending a skill level through word count training you are able to get three free jutsu
of that skill which is able to be used by your skill level, this means that a Genin who trains cannot obtain s-rank jutsu in an adept skill training thread or equipment if it is also viable.
METHOD 2: Purchase
|Beginner -> Adept||3 Posts|
|Adept -> Expert||5 Posts|
|Expert -> Master||7 Posts|
|Master -> Grand Master||10 Posts|
The second method is to simply buy these skills with EXP. It is more expensive but much faster to ascend the ranks of power. Below is a table of how much a skill level rank up costs although unlike training for it you cannot get any free bonuses with it.
METHOD 3: Special Circumstances
|Beginner -> Adept||750 EXP|
|Adept -> Expert||1500 EXP|
|Expert -> Master||3000 EXP|
|Master -> Grand Master||5000 EXP|
The third and final method is very rare, as the name suggests one can apply to get a rank up by something that has happened, an example might be an event or a fortune wheel prize. It can also mean something like a character has become a jinchuriki or something has happened to them in-character which makes them able to achieve a higher level of power. In order for this to happen a person must apply to a moderator or admin with their case and they will review it. Side Notes:
- D-rank Ninja will not have the ability to train anything past the rank of Expert